Nexus Phone gets Manual 2.3.4 Updates,No talk for Nexus one
The manual updates always come earlier for those who can’t wait.Android 2.3.4 is coming soon OTA according to Google Nexus tweet.Nexus S users are extra lucky in that the update also brings the new version of Google Talk which allows for video and audio chat but there is no such great news for Nexus one users as Google has not added N1 for the update.In the announcement of Google talk video that the phone without a front camera would still be able to use the new version by means of audio chat.
Lets hope the n1 will also get the update soon. If you want to manually update your phone, here’s how:
1) Grab the update you need:
2) Rename the zip file to “update.zip” (no quotes obviously, and be careful if you have file extensions hidden you just need to name the file “update”). Side note: Nexus S users can actually skip this step, as the NS can flash any file.
3) Copy the update file to your SD card (Nexus One) or internal storage (Nexus S)
4) Turn off your device.
5) While holding the volume DOWN button (Nexus One), or volume UP button (Nexus S), turn on your device.
6) Press volume down to highlight “Recovery” then press the power button to select it.
7) When you see the triangle with the exclamation point, press Volume Up and the power button together (may take a few tries.)
8)Nexus One: use trackball to highlight and select “apply sdcard:update.zip”. Nexus S choose “apply update from /sdcard” then select the update file.
9) you are update to 2.3.4
[Via : Androinica ]