Ice Cream Sandwich gets its Un-official 4th Update
If you happen to be one of those people who just can not wait for an official update to launch of an OS or app. Then, there is some good news for you. Ice Cream Sandwich got an update, an unofficial one so far. ICS 4.0.4. We’re not exactly sure when Verizon will be pushing out this latest Android update to the phone, but if you simply can’t wait you can always take matters into your own hands. To flash the Android 4.0.4 update to the Verizon Galaxy Nexus you don’t need root access but you will need an unlocked boot loader.
The unofficial update includes mostly bug fixes and performance improvements. While we all like new features in our android updates, I guess we can’t complain as long as Google is working to make Android smoother by squashing a few bugs.
Check out the the unofficial Android 4.0.4 change log below. If you’re one of the brave souls who likes to flash leaked builds, let us know how the update works on your Galaxy Nexus and if you notice any other features or improvements.
The ICS 4.0.4 version includes:
- Performance improvements
- Battery stats bug fixed
- Long-pressing on a blank spot on the last page of app tray bug is gone
- 3G/4G radio switch improvements
- Signal strength improvements
- New PRIMELA03 Bootloader
- Boot up time reduced
- Auto-brightness smooth transition change
- Camera refocus by long-pressing shutter button
- Multitouch issue resolved
- Autorotate speed increased
- Browser performance improvements
- Recent apps list opens faster
- Minor camera UI changes
- Increased volume
- Keyboard bug fixes
- Updated News & Weather app UI
- Quick controls changed in browser.