Samsung Galaxy Gio gets un-official ICS makeover
Here we have another firmware update for all the Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 users. In this tutorial we will tell you how to install Ice Cream Sandwich on Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660. But you will have to keep in mind that this firmware is not an official one. It is a third-party custom Beta 3 Firmware. And hence, there are some possibilities for you to encounter some bugs. So read below to check out the features that may not work.
What Does Not Work
- Phone Camera: No supply of the picture mode
- FM Radio: No working of Radio
- Camera: Do not use flash
- Back up all contacts to SD Card
- Disable Anti virus and other security apps
- Enable the USB debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. USB Debugging Mode can only be enabled once you disconnect the phone from computer
- Ensure that the device is left with the charge of 60% so as to ensure that the phone does not get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Steps to Install Ice Cream Sandwich on Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660
- Download the Android 4.0.3 ICS Package from the link and save it on your pc. Now you will have to connect your handset to your PC via USB cable then copy the file that you have downloaded. This file must be saved to the root directory of your phone’s SD card storage.
- Now turn off your handset and then reboot it to recovery mode by pressing the Center button + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select ‘install zip from sd card’ then ‘choose zip from sd card’. Locate and select the file from step one to begin the installation.
- After the above step, you will be taken back to the recovery mode. The update process won’t go any longer than few minutes.
- In recovery mode, select ‘wipe data / factory reset’ then ‘wipe cache partition’. After that, select ‘++++ Go Back ++++’ then select ‘Reboot System Now’ to reboot your Galaxy GIO.
- Finally after the reboot, go to Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version. Check if your device is running on Android 4.0.3. So that’s all with the installation.
Note : Talkandroidphones is not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible. Try this at your own risk !!!