Not so long ago we had reported about an exploding Galaxy S3 in which the device not only conked out but literally exploded in the owner’s car damaging (read frying) all the radio transmitters inside. This little incident created panic amongst Galaxy S3 users all over the world which led Samsung to take strict measures in ensuring that something as dangerous like this should never happen again. With that in mind, Samsung contracted Fire Investigations UK (FIUK), an independent third-party organization, to determine the exact cause of the damage inflicted on a Galaxy S3 unit, which had allegedly been affected by heat.

The damaged device and additionally provided devices were examined and exposed to a series to tests. The investigation summary states that

“The energy source responsible for generating the heat has been determined as external to the device” and “the device was not responsible for the cause of the fire.”

Additionally, the investigation results state,

“The only way it was possible to produce damage similar to the damage recorded within the owner’s damaged device was to place the devices or component parts within a domestic microwave.”

The owner of this device dillo2k10 who had initially lodged a complaint in one of his posts clarified in another statement that the small explosion occurred because of a stupidity on his friend’s part who had apparently kept the device in a microwave oven to evaporate the water which had seeped inside (the phone had somehow fallen in water).

Be Sociable, Share!

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *