Samsung Unpacked 2012 once again proved to be a success in more ways than one with the launch of some exciting and quite promising devices and as mentioned earlier, few of them were anticipated while there were a few which left everyone in a state of shock and awe. One such moment came when the very first Android powered digital camera was unveiled – “The Samsung Galaxy Camera”.
The camera which runs on Android 4.1.1 JellyBean, comes with a 16.3 MegaPixel 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS Image Sensor along with an F2B, 23mm, 21x Optical Zoom Lens, a 1.4GHz Quad Core Processor and a massive 4.8″ 308 ppi, HD Super Clear Touch LCD Display. The camera comes pre-installed with 8GB memory which can be further expanded via a micro SDSC/SDHC/SDXC along with 1GB RAM. One of the stand out features of this amazing device is its ability to record 720×480 videos in Slow Motion capturing each frame at an outstanding 120fps. Furthermore, the camera allows you to capture actual DSLR type pictures with its Smart Pro mode which comes with multiple features such as the Waterfall Trace Mode, Action Freeze Mode and the Light Trace Mode.
Media sharing these days is one of the most important if not the most important features in a smartphone or a tablet pc and with that said, the Galaxy Camera lets you share your captured moments instantly with its multiple photo sharing apps such as Instagram and Picassa or through your favorite social media clients such as Facebook, Twitter etc over the supported WiFi, 3G or 4G networks. The camera also comes with a Voice Control feature which allows you to zoom, set the timer and capture photos without the need of the user to actually touch it (sounds handy specially while taking pictures at a child’s birthday party where hands ALWAYS tend to get dirty).
- Image Sensor: 16.3 effective megapixel 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS
- Lens: F2.8, 23 mm, 21x Optical Zoom Lens
- IS: OIS
- Display: 121.2 mm (4.77″), 308 ppi, HD Super Clear Touch Display
- ISO: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Network: 4G, 3G (HSPA＋ 21Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- Processor: 1.4GHz Quad-Core processor
- OS: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Memory: 8GB + memory slot : micro SDSC, micro SDHC, micro SDXC
- Image: JPEG format 16M, 14M, 12M Wide, 10M, 5M, 3M, 2M Wide, 1M
- Video: MP4 (Video: MPEG4, AVC/H.264, Audio: AAC); Full HD 1920×1080 30fps; Slow motion Movie 720×480 120fps
- Video Output: HDMI 1.4
- Value-added Features: Smart Pro : 10 modes (Macro, Rich Tone, Action Freeze, Waterfall Trace, Light Trace, Beautiful Sunset, Blue Sky, Natural Green, Silhouette, Vivid Fireworks); Share shot, Auto Cloud Back-up; Smart Content Manager, Photo Wizard, Movie Wizard; Voice Control, Slow Motion Video, S Planner, S Suggest; AllShare Play, Family Story, Drop box
- Google™ Mobile Services: Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Latitude Google Play Store, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Places, Google Navigation, Google Downloads, Google Chrome browser, Google Play Books, Google Play Movies
- GPS: A-GPS, GLONASS
- Connectivity: WiFi a/b/g/n, WiFi HT40; GPS/GLONASS; Bluetooth® 4.0
- Battery: 1,650 mAh
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 128.7 x 70.8 x 19.1 mm
- Weight: 305g
Samsung have once again raised the bar high with the launch of yet another remarkable device which promises to capture and store all those precious moments in your lives. Its not just a camera, but a fully functional and an extremely powerful Android device which promises to keep you entertained even when you are not clicking away.