How to Install custom Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2
For all those Samsung Galaxy S2 owners who cannot wait for the official OTA (Over the Air) Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update, they can now install Paranoid Android 4.1.2 JZO54K custom firmware instead. The ROM can be installed on the international variant of Galaxy S2 only if the device has custom recovery installed, and the phone has been fully rooted. This is not an official firmware, but a custom ROM with stock Android.
Kindly ensure that you have installed the necessary USB drivers for the Galaxy S2, enabled USB debugging and have your battery fully charged before initializing the install process. Also make sure that you have backed up all your data and that your Galaxy S2 is factory unlocked.
How to Install the custom Jelly Bean ROM:
- Download Paranoid Android 4.1.2 JZ054K and Google Apps on your PC
- Connect and mount the Galaxy S2 USB memory on your PC via USB cable
- Copy the ROM zip file and Gapps file to your device’s SD card
- Turn off the phone and enter into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up + Home and Power keys
- In CWM recovery, wipe the data. Scroll to and select flash zip from SD card
- Now, select choose zip from sdcard
- Navigate to and select the Android 4.1.2 zip file. Tap on Yes to confirm the installation
- Repeat the step for Gapps file as well
- After the installation, go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing reboot system now from recovery menu. The phone will begin booting
- Your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 should now be running Paranoid Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Jelly Bean firmware.
Note: TalkAndroidPhones would like to remind its reader’s that we shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device. Interested users are advised to proceed at their own risk keeping in mind the fact that the ROM and procedure are compatible ONLY with an international Galaxy S2 carrying model number i9100.