Samsung have started rolling out the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy SIII with quite a few noteworthy features. Now don’t get too excited as the update is being rolled out in phases so if you haven’t received the new update as yet just be patient and wait for it to arrive. Currently the update which first arrived in Poland is exclusively for the Galaxy SIII GT-I9300 International variants which means that those of you who are tied up with any of the network carriers would have to wait for it a little bit longer.
Samsung have time and again made it quite clear that it gives first priority to its flagship phone of the year by releasing updates on a regular basis as soon as they get released. Only time would tell as to when we would be seeing the next big update for the device in the form of Android 4.2, Jelly Bean. The 4.1.2 update brings with it a lot of new changes and tweaks with most of the features making their way from the Galaxy Note II such as Multi-View, Smart Rotation, a fully customizable notification panel, a new gallery mode and plenty more.
New Features include:
- Android 4.1.2 – JZO54K
- Multi-View (Multi-Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)
- Page Buddy
- New Gallery App (Same as in Note II)
- Notification Panel (Notification Panel can now be customized)
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
- Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- Paper Artist App
- Group Cast App