According to sources Samsung’s mobile head JK Shin has confirmed that the Galaxy Note family will be having a new member at the upcoming Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona. The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, is the new member of the Galaxy family. Through a tweet by @clasficatearg, a leaked picture of the upcoming Galaxy Note 8.0 was shown. Now though it may be leaked, it may actually be the real deal as JK Shin has already announced that the device will be at the MWC 2013.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 code named “KONA” uses a 1280 x 800 Super Clear TFT screen and has a 1.6 Ghz Quad Core Processor with 2GB of RAM. The device also will be coming with the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean out of the box. Personally I think the battery is a bit low, only 4600 mAh. So, we’ll have to wait and see how much the battery life of the Tab will be considering the high end specs.
- Code name: KONA
- Android version: 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Official name: GALAXY Note 8.0 (3G, Wi-Fi)
- Product codes: GT-N5100, GT-N5110
- Battery: 4600 mAh
- Dimension: 211.3×136.3×7.95 mm , 330 gram.
- Display: 8.0″1280×800 TFT (Super Clear LCD)
- GSM networks: EDGE (850/900/1800/1900) HSPA+21.1Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps (850/900/1900/2100)
- Camera: 5 Megapixel (BACK)
- Camera: 1.3 megapixel (FRONT)
- Processor: 1.6 quad-core processor
- RAM + Storage: 2GB (RAM) + 16/32GB (optional) + microSD (up to 32GB)
- Connections: BT 4.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, A-GPS