Jelly Bean for Canadian Users of the Galaxy Note II Starts Rolling Now
Samsung has since January started launching Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean updates for its devices. The process is slow as international versions of the devices get it first, then the update goes to the carriers where it is again tested for a couple of weeks, then finally the users get the update. This time around the good news is for all our readers in Canada owning the Galaxy Note II, the wait for receiving Jelly Bean is finally over.
Samsung Canada on their official Facebook page confirmed that the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS will arrive via OTA on Feb 6. The update brings with it Multi-Window View feature and support for Chinese language.
“Big Game Special Announcement: GALAXY Note II owners with national carriers will begin receiving the Multi Window and Chinese language support update (Android 4.1.2) on Wednesday. Thanks for your patience Samsung Nation,” notes Samsung Mobile Canada’s Facebook post.
Android 4.1.2 new features:
- Android 4.1.2 – JZO54K
- New Additions in Notifcation Toggles
- Notification Panel can now be customized
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
- Multi-View Can now be disabled
- Browser Is Smoother Then Before
- Status Bar has been changed from Grey to Black
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- New Ink Effect On Lockscreen
- New Group Cast Application