Facebook Messenger gets Group Conversation Update and VoIP For User’s in Canada
The App which is loved and used by majority of Android users has yet again got another update but this time it brings exclusive featured content for our friends in Canada. The latest update brings with it free VoIP calling for users in Canada. This is somewhat similar to the feature which was initially only available in the iOS versions of the app which allowed calls to be made initially in the US and then later on in Canada as well. There are rumors flying around that the new voice feature will come in the US as well but what we do not know at this point in time is when ?
Besides the voice calling features, Facebook have also included an all new improvement to its group conversation option which can be viewed in the sidebar and allows users to search by name and friend types. Here is what the official app change log had to say,
What’s New in Version 2.3
Updates to group conversations
– Name a group right from the top of your conversation
– Get to your group conversations in one tap – just swipe left to see them in your sidebar
– Search for group conversations by name or look them up by friends in the group
– Call friends for free right from Messenger (Canada)*
– Other improvements and bug fixes
*Free calling uses your existing data plan.
So head on over to the Google Play Store and update your favorite app now.