Google I/O was full of surprises on the first day and there were plenty of new “products” as Google likes to call it that were unveiled in the process. Till now Google Talk was the central hub of Google when it came it to messaging and VoIP, but not anymore. Google have now replaced their Google Talk (GTalk) app with the all new Google+Hangouts which brings with it whole new ways to interact with friends and family. The all new Google Hangouts brings one-on-one and group conversations to life with photos, emoji, and video calls for free. Connect with friends across computers, Android and Apple devices.
Features of the App
- Say more with photos and emoji.
- See when people are together in Hangouts, when they’re typing, or whether they’ve seen your message.
- Turn any conversation into a video call with up to 10 friends.
- Message friends anytime, even if they’re not connected right now.
- Use Hangouts on computers, Android and Apple devices.
- Hangouts stay in sync across devices so you can start or continue them anywhere.
- Choose from hundreds of emoji to help you make your point
- See what you talked about in the past, including shared photos and your video call history.
- Get notifications just once. Once you see an alert, you won’t see repeats on your computer or other Android devices.
- View collections of photos shared from each of your Hangouts.
- Snooze notifications at times when you’d prefer to be undisturbed by alerts.
Please note that in order to apply the update, you MUST first install from the Google Play Store on your computer’s web browser as the app will NOT install from the Play Store on your Android device automatically. So head on over to the Google Play Store where you can give it a download and try it for yourself. If that doesn’t work then you can easily download the official apk here.