Everyone seems a bit hasty and at the same time enthralled to get their hands on Google’s latest incarnation in its long line of Android operating systems the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean which comes packed with a host of new features that not just increase the device’s functionality but it also enhances the whole Android user experience. With that said, there is some good news for all you Galaxy S3 owner’s out there. According to our friends at SamMobile, the devices are already getting ready to get a taste of Jelly Bean 4.2.2 first hand with the early test build of the firmware having software version I9300XXUFME7.
The new version of Android does promise to bring a bunch of cool features that are currently to be found in the Galaxy S4, Samsung’s flagship device of the year. Some of the new features that have been arrived from the marquee device includes the new Driving Mode, Daydream, New and improved S Voice, LockScreen Multiple widgets and much much more.
New Android 4.2.2 Features for the Galaxy S3
- Android 4.2.2 – Build ID: JDQ39
- New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
- Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from S4)
- New smart switch widget
Let us remind you all once again that this is not the official update released by the company but just an early test release. Please install it at your own risk !!