Samsung officially rolls out Android 4.3 for the Galaxy S4 with Galaxy Gear support
Here’s some good news for all Samsung Galaxy S4 users who were desperately waiting to get their hands on Android 4.3 specially after getting to know what it has to offer with the launch of The Galaxy Note 3. As reported earlier, we were hoping to get our hands on the update since its rumors started surfacing a few months back. According to SamMobile, Samsung today have officially started to roll out the OTA update on most of the (non-carrier) devices. The update comes packed with a host of new features that include support for the Galaxy Gear smart watch, Samsung KNOX, OpenGL 3.0 graphics, new camera firmware and a lot more.
Features of Android 4.3 for the Samsung Galaxy S4
- GALAXY GEAR Support – Samsung Galaxy Gear users can now use the smart watch with their phone, functionality that was previously only available to owns of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- TRIM Support – New garbage collection platform that will keep your phone lean and mean over time.
- ANT+ Support – Advanced wireless protocol for transmitting vitality data.
- OpenGL 3.0 graphics
- Samsung KNOX – Advanced security and secure bootloader for enterprise
- Samsung Wallet pre-loaded
- New Samsung Keyboard
- Browser now launches in full-screen mode by default
- New Camera firmware
- Less lag and redraws in the TouchWiz launcher
- Better RAM management
- Improved display color accuracy
- Other minor UI tweaks
The software update is being rolled out in phases, so it may not yet be available in your country at the moment but don’t worry it will arrive very soon. If your device is carrier branded then it might take sometime as the update has to get improved by the carrier first and only then Samsung will make it available for your device. For those who have already started getting the update on their devices can share in their experiences with us. The update also adds a further incentive for all those Galaxy S4 owners who are simply craving to get their hands on the Galaxy Gear. Are you ?