BBM for Android updated to version 2.0 adds voice calling and bunch of other new features
Let’s be honest about it guys, since the day BlackBerry had announced its messenger service for both Android and iOS, the company has seen itself rise up (even if its just slightly) from the pits of the abyss where it was initially lying for quite some time. BBM for Android since that day has managed to attract quite a large number of user’s who were initially BlackBerry user’s but then later shifted to either Android or iOS. Even those who had never used BBM ever before, wanted to give it a shot just for getting the neck of the whole “BBM” experience and even though it was seem to be doing quite well so far, there was one thing that was missing, the “BBM voice call” option.
No need to worry about that anymore my friends because as of today, BBM for Android has been officially updated to version 2.0 with a host of new features including the ability to have a free voice chat with all your BBM contacts, a feature that was initially only available for actual BlackBerry owner’s and not for the other smartphones. Besides the new voice calling feature, you will also get more than 100 new emoticons, an even bigger BBM group size up to 50 people, location sharing and much much more.
Here’s an in-depth look at what BBM 2.0 has to offer:
- BBM Voice: free voice calls between BBM users on Android, iPhone and Blackberry 10.
- BBM Channels: public BBM groups for fans of specific topics to get together and chat. Available for users and businesses alike.
- Location Sharing: powered by Glympse, you can share your location with whomever you want.
- Improved photo, voice notes and other attachments
- Dropbox integration for sending and receiving files to and from contacts
- 100 new emoticons to choose from
- Increased BBM group size: now up to 50 people
For those who already have BBM installed should be getting their updates as of today and for those who still haven’t tried the “BBM” experience on their respective Android devices can give it a shot. So what do you think of BBM 2.0? Do the new added features make up for what was initially the few missing pieces of the puzzle or would you like to see something even more extravagant in version 3.0? Share in your thoughts with us. Cheers !!