The Verizon Exclusive HTC M8 Windows Phone Edition
HTC have out done themselves this time, having a flagship device that comes with two “Operating System” variants. Confused? Well let me clarify, HTC have just announced another variant of their 2014 flagship Android device the HTC One M8 running Windows Phone. Only Nokia had successfully launched devices, with different operating systems in the past, their Lumia range to be precise. HTC as a company was dropping its sales for quite some time until the launch of the HTC M8, which raised the sales sky high.
This is a very smart move, on HTC’s behalf as they are coming up with an already successful device and giving it another dimension. They already have Windows Phones, but not OEM has a flagship running two operating systems form different OEM’s. Maybe this is a start of something beautiful, and other OEM’s might be encouraged to come out with the same. Now talking about the device, the HTC M8 Windows Phone Edition has the exact same specs as its Android counterpart.
- Quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor @ 2.3GHz
- 2GB of RAM
- 5-inch 1920 x 1080 display
- 32GB of internal storage w/ microSD up to 128GB
- UltraPixel Duos Camera w/ 5 megapixel front camera
- Dual-band WiFi ac, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS w/ GLONASS
- 2,600mAh battery
On the software front, the HTC M8 runs the latest Windows Phone 8.1. It brings back Blinkfeed in the form on Windows Live Tiles, Cortana is your new digital assistant, and a lots more. Only sad about it so far is that, it is a Verizon exclusive, so if you want to get your hands on this powerful beast then Verizon is the only place to get it right now. You can get further details from the full press review below.
MORE OF THE BEST FROM HTC:
INTRODUCING THE HTC ONE (M8) FOR WINDOWS
AT VERIZON WIRELESS
HTC offers Windows platform on flagship device, blends premium hardware with unique software experience
BELLEVUE, WA — August 19, 2014 — HTC, a global leader in innovation and design, today unveiled the HTC One® (M8) for Windows®, marking the first time an iconic flagship device offers multiple operating systems.
This new smartphone combines the stunning, award-winning design and experiences of the HTC One (M8) with the latest Windows Phone software on America’s largest and most reliable network. Verizon Wireless is the exclusive launch partner for the HTC One (M8) for Windows and it will be available in stores and online, with online sales beginning at noon EDT today and in stores tomorrow.
Unmistakably the One
The HTC One (M8) for Windows offers the same premium design of HTC’s award-winning HTC One (M8), which features an all-metal unibody design and an elegantly curved back to match the hand’s contours.
The unique experiences of the original HTC One (M8) have been brought to the Windows Phone version, including HTC BlinkFeed®, HTC BoomSound™, Duo Camera with UltraPixel™, Video Highlights, a 5MP wide-angle front-facing camera and support for the HTC Dot View™ case.
– HTC BlinkFeed is uniquely integrated into the Live Tile layout and provides quick access to the content and social networks that matter most.
– HTC BoomSound features dual front-facing speakers and a unique sound profile that deepens bass, enhances vocals and fine tunes track details for a rich, immersive listening experience.
– The signature HTC One Duo Camera with UltraPixel technology captures remarkable low-light images and offers a variety of after-effects for added artistic flair or humor.
– Video Highlights offer consumers an easy and entertaining way to easily create mini-movies and animated picture reels set to music*.
– A 5MP front-facing camera with wide-angle lens excels at taking personal pictures that let you capture more in the shot – more people, more scenery.
– The uniquely designed HTC Dot View case provides consumers with instant phone access while the case is still closed. Users can answer calls, receive email & text notifications, check weather and more. And with the Dot View Case for the HTC One (M8) for Windows, personal digital assistant Cortana can help with reminders, queries and chit chat without having to open the case.
The HTC One (M8) for Windows is also covered by HTC Advantage™, which provides the industry’s only free cracked screen replacement program, along with a commitment to support timely software updates.**
“Consumers love the HTC One (M8) and today’s introduction extends that enthusiasm to new audiences hungry for choice in their mobile experience,” said Jason Mackenzie, president of HTC Americas. “HTC fills a gap in the market for unique devices that put a premium on form and function. Microsoft shares our vision, and that’s why we committed to bringing the Windows Phone platform to the
HTC One (M8).”
HTC One Plus a New OS Experience
Under the hood is Windows Phone 8.1 Update, which incorporates a host of meaningful innovations:
- Cortana, Windows Phone’s truly personal digital assistant, makes her HTC debut in this phone. Adept at searching for sushi and setting calendar appointments, Cortana also offers the ability to proactively warn you when it’s time to leave for your next appointment or remind you to pick up milk on the way home.
- Action Center provides one swipe access to all your recent notifications and messages, as well as programmable quick settings.
- Apps Corner sandboxes apps and folders into a protected area of the phone.
- Small business owners can use their HTC One (M8) for Windows as a point of sale device without making personal information available.
- Users can separate personal and professional information, creating distinct experiences for work and pleasure in a single device.
- Windows Phone takes on the chores of battery, data and storage management, and keying in passwords for known Wi-Fi networks, allowing users more time to explore the phone’s innovative functionality that truly puts consumer needs first.
“The HTC One (M8) for Windows is true to the flagship product’s award-winning design and unique experience while also taking the best of what Windows Phone has to offer,” said Darren Laybourn, corporate vice president of engineering for Microsoft. “We succeeded in offering customers the best of both our worlds with this phone.”
The HTC One (M8) for Windows is available beginning at noon EDT today, exclusively through Verizon Wireless online for a promotional price of $99.99 with a new two-year contract for a limited time or $29.99 per month on Verizon Edge, and available in stores tomorrow. Additionally, Microsoft Stores will sell the device with Verizon Wireless service and a special offer for a free HTC Dot View Case and screen protector for $25. The retro styling of HTC Dot View, HTC’s intuitive and eye-catching case that shows calls and alerts through a protective shell, is available as an accessory for the HTC One (M8) for Windows.
For more information about the HTC One (M8) for Windows, please visit www.htc.com.
For press materials and images of the HTC One (M8) for Windows, please visit: http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-one-m8-windows/.