If getting a new One Plus 2 and an Infinix Zero 2 this week was not enough, here comes Motorola with 3 new devices. Motorola added 3 new devices to its line up which includes their flagship Moto X – Style (Moto X Pure Edition for the US), Moto X – Play and Moto G 2015.
Moto X Style
The Moto X Style is the big brother out of the three devices. This is Motorola’s flagship device and the successor to the 2014 Moto X. The device looks and feels like a premium device, with a metallic frame and a premium quality silicon back cover. The back covers are interchangeable, thanks to Moto Maker you can design your device in 126 different ways. (Wow that made choosing a whole lot difficult). On the specs front the device as expected is a beast! Lets go in detail below.
- 5.7-inch Quad HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- 1.8GHz Hexa-Core Snapdragon 808
- 3GB of RAM, 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB of storage w/ microSD slot (up to 128GB)
- 3,000mAh battery with TurboPower offering 50% more charge speed than Samsung Galaxy S6’s fast charging
- 21 Megapixel f/2.0 aperture camera with 4K video recording
- 5 Megapixel wide-angle front camera with flash
- Front-facing speakers
- WiFi AC + MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1 LTE, GPS and NFC
- 153.9 mm tall, 76.2 mm wide and 6.1-11.06 mm curve
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box
- $200 to $300 less than other flagships
- Full Moto Maker customization with genuine wood and leather options
The Moto X Style will be available from September and will start at $399.
Moto X Play
Now lets talk about the Moto X Play. Well basically, it is a Moto X with died down specs. Not that the specs are bad, far from it. The Play is a more budget friendly version, for those who want a good experience and not burn a hole in their pocket as well. Also its worth mentioning that the device is built for those who like to game a lot, thanks to its 3,630 mAh battery. Though we would like to test for ourselves how capable the Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 really is. The full specs are as under:
- 5.5-inch full HD display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core chipset
- 2GB of RAM and 16 or 32GB of storage with microSD slot (up to 128GB)
- 3,630 mAh battery with Fast Charging
- 21 Megapixel rear camera
- 5 megapixel front camera
- WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
- Front-facing speakers
- 148 mm tall, 75mm wide and curve of 8.9-10.9mm, weighs 169 g
- $300 to $400 less than flagship smartphone
- Full Moto Maker customization
The Motorola X Play if priced right, can become a serious contender in the market, for devices like Xiaomi, Lenovo, QMobile etc. We’ll have to wait till next month (August) for it to launch world wide.
Moto G 2015
The Moto G has been one of Motorola’s best selling devices in the past few years. It has kept on evolving since the first Moto G launched in 2013. After three generations the Moto G 2015 will be the first in its line up to get Full Moto Maker customization, which would make a lot of people happy. The device is also IPX7 certified which makes it water resistant. (from drops and accidental splashes). Another good news is that it is 4G supported so for its price, it could again be a big hit. The full spec sheet looks something like this:
- 5-inch 720p display
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 410 processor
- 1GB or 2GB RAM, 8GB or 16GB of internal storage with microSD slot (up to 32GB)
- 4G LTE, WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE and GPS
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 13MP rear, 5MP front cameras
- 2,470mAh battery
- 142.1 mm tall, 72.4 mm wide and a curve of 6.1 – 11.6mm, weighs 155g
- IPX7 water resistance
- Full MM customization
- $400 to $500 cheaper than flagship phones
There is good news for those who are waiting to get their hands on one. The device is available from today starting at the base price of just $179.
Well this was the entire line up from Motorola’s event, though we were bit sad to not see a Moto 360 2nd Generation. Though rumors are that it will is coming pretty soon. So what did you guys thinks about Motorola’s new line up? Share your thoughts below!