HTC had a surprisingly short launch of their new device the HTC One A9. They did not talk much about the specs, but do not worry we have you covered there. The HTC One A9 will be available from November for $399.99 (base model). The device looks and feels quite premium with its metal uni body and comes in 4 colors; Topaz Gold, Carbon Gray, Opal Silver and Deep Garnet.
What makes this device set itself apart from the previous HTC’s is the “Finger Print Scanner” in the front. Not only that, this device will be the first Non-Nexus device to come with Android 6.0 Marshmallow, out of the box. HTC has promised that you will get the next update 15 days after Google rolls out for its Nexus devices. Only time will tell if HTC will be able to hold its promise. Lastly, the HTC One A9 comes with Dolby Audio Surround for best in class sound quality. That being said, without making you wait any longer, check out the full spec sheet below:
HTC One A9 Full Specs Sheet
- 5.0 inch 1080p IPS
- 145.75 x 70.8. x 7.26 mm
- Ambient light sensor
- Proximity sensor
- Motion G sensor
- Compass sensor
- Gyro sensor
- Magnetic sensor
- Sensor Hub
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dolby Audio™* with Hi-Res Audio *Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories.
- Android™ 6.0 with HTC Sense™
- Bluetooth® 4.1
- Wi-Fi®: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz)
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 617, Octa-core 64-bit, 4 x 1.5GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz
- Main camera: 13MP with sapphire cover lens, auto-focus, BSI sensor, OIS ƒ/2.0, 1080p video recording
- Front camera: HTC UltraPixel™, fixed focus, ƒ/2.0, 1080p video recording
- nano SIM
- Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma, .flac, ac3, ec3, eac3
- Recording: .aac
- Video supported formats: Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv, .avi, .mkv Recording: .mp4
- Configuration 1: ROM: 16GB / RAM: 2GB; Extended memory: microSD™ up to 2TB (Configuration 1) Available storage is less due to phone software. Approximately 9.8 GB storage available for user content.
- Configuration 2: ROM : 32GB / RAM: 3GB; Extended memory: microSD™ up to 2TB (Configuration 2) Available storage is less due to phone software. Approximately 24.0 GB storage available for user content.
- 2G/2.5G – GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G UMTS:850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- 4G LTE: FDD: Bands 1,3,5,7,8,20,28; TDD: Bands 38, 40, 41
- Capacity: 2150 mAh with Quick Charge 2.0 support (forward compatible with Quick Charge 3.0 with future software upgrade)
- HD video playback: up to 12 hours
- Audio playback: up to 60 hours
- Internet use on WiFi: up to 9 hours
- Talk time on 3G network: up to 16 hours
- Standby time on 3G network: up to 18 days
So what do you guys think of HTC’s new smartphone? Does it reach your expectations? Let us know!