The one major concern which every smart phone user has no matter what OS its running on is the fear of that dreadful feeling when you have your first drop. We have all experienced the tragedy happen to us and most of our viewers reading this article would agree with me on that. The sight of that beautiful AMOLED display being shattered into a thousand pieces or that shiny exterior of your recently purchased premium device having to go through hell and back is one experience everyone would avoid going through. One OEM who finally feels your pain is Motorola who in yesterday’s major event announced its first of a kind device with a shatterproof display. In case you’re wondering whether your eyes just deceived you for a split second, read again because they didn’t.
The Motorola DROID Turbo 2 is the first device to come equipped with a very unique new display which Motorola likes to term as the ShatterShield technology which packs a heavy punch to those nasty drops and believe me when I tell you this…..”THE SCREEN DOES NOT AND WILL NOT BREAK”. The DROID Turbo which was released last year was one of the hottest selling flagship devices mainly due to two factors: Durability and its powerful 3900 mAh battery along with a host of other impressive specs. The DROID Turbo 2 follows in the same footsteps of its predecessor as far as the specs are concerned but the one major focus revolves around the display which comprises of 5 individual layers to give users the ultimate protection from scratches, drops and those nasty abrasions. Let us now take a closer look at what the new technology has to offer:
- Exterior Protective Lens – A protective layer with a proprietary hard coat designed to guard against dents and abrasion.
- Interior Lens – Highly transparent layer that provides a clear protective shield that won’t crack or shatter.
- Dual Touch Layer – In the event of an impact that damages the primary touch-sensitive layer, a second layer takes over to maintain touchscreen performance.
- AMOLED Display -Flexible display that absorbs shock and provides amazing picture quality.
- Aluminum Chassis – A rigid aluminum chassis provides structural integrity and durability.
If that’s not convincing enough, Motorola are also offering a 4 year warranty on the screen as well. So what do you guys think about Motorola’s new initiative?
Motorola DROID Turbo 2 (Moto X Force) Tech Specs
- 5.43-inch QHD “Shatterproof” display
- Snapdragon 810 MSM8994 processor
- 32GB/64GB internal storage options
- 3GB RAM
- 21MP/5MP cameras
- 3,760mAh battery
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (Upgradable to Android 6.0 Marshmallow)
- Price $632 from Verizon