Gear Fit 2: Advanced Features for Fitness
The Gear Fit 2 is a followup to the original Gear Fit and outfits the activity tracker with a gorgeous 1.5-inch curved AMOLED display, dedicated GPS, heart rate monitor, and 4GB of storage for your music. Depending on use, Samsung says the Gear Fit 2 should deliver between 3-4 days of battery life with up to 5 days of standby time. The Gear Fit 2 will be available in three colors: Black, blue and pink
- Features an ergonomic, sleek and slim design for comfortable everyday use
- Provides a Super AMOLED curved display with a high-resolution color touchscreen for easy fitness monitoring, or checking and responding to text message notifications
- Embedded GPS and HRM sensor for accurate data tracking of activity
- With the Auto Activity Tracking feature, users won’t have to manually activate the sports band – whether running, walking, cycling, or using a rowing machine
- Enables easy transfer of fitness data between S Health and other select fitness applications, and provides ‘Step Challenges,’ for 1:1 competitions with your friends
- The standalone music player provides a workout boost without the need of a mobile device
Gear IconX: A Simple and Wireless Experience
The Gear IconX are true wireless earbuds, each coming with their own batteries to power each bud. Where things get interesting is that they also have 4GB of internal storage for storing music, and are capable of tracking physical activity like distance, speeds, heart rate, and calories burned. Needless to say, they’re the perfect workout companion.
The earbuds are stored in a pill-shaped case when not in use, which provides up to two full charges. Battery life is said to be around 2 hours depending on use (you’ll get more mileage by listening to music stored on the earbuds themselves, obviously). The Gear Icon X will be available in three colors: white, blue and black
- Provides a lightweight, secure and comfortable fit with three different sizes of eartips and wingtips, and can be activated by simply placing the earbuds in the user’s ears
- Enables tracking of fitness data such as distance, speed, duration, heart rate and calories burned, and easily syncs with S Health
- Includes a Voice Guide feature that provides instant voice feedback on the user’s workout progress and provides a standalone music listening experience
- With Bluetooth capability and an internal storage that can play up to 1,000 MP3s, users can simply tap or swipe the earbuds to easily control the music
Both the devices can easily be synced with the Samsung S Health app to keep track of your day to day physical activities and workout records. The Gear Fit 2 is priced at $179 and will be available from June 10th while the Gear Icon X will be available in July retailing at $200. So what do you guys think about Samsung’s two handy little new accessories? If any of you are planning on buying it then do share your experience with us in the comments below. Cheers !