Pokemon Go gets another major update
Pokemon Go has received another major update yet again after taking the the world by storm when it got released a few weeks back. The much needed update brings fixes for a number of issues that were addressed by a number of players in recent weeks. Most notable changes include Nearby that has officially been renamed to “Sightings” and the ability to change your username. It would had been cool if they added the ability to change the color as well but lets leave that for now. Here’s the list of all the changes that have been made in the latest version of the app – v0.33
- Added a dialog to remind Trainers that they should not play while traveling above a certain speed. Trainers must confirm they are not driving in order to continue playing.
- Made improvements to the accuracy of a curveball throw.
- Fixed a bug that prevented ”Nice,” ”Great,” and “Excellent” Poké Ball throws from awarding the appropriate XP bonuses.
- Fixed achievements showing incorrect Medal icons.
- Enabled the ability for Trainers to change their nickname one time. Please choose your new nickname wisely.
- Resolved issues with the battery saver mode on iOS and re-enabled the feature.
- Added visuals of Team Leaders Candela, Blanche, and Spark.
- We’re currently testing a variation of the “Nearby Pokémon” feature with a subset of users. During this period you may see some variation in the nearby Pokémon UI.
- Minor text fixes
Based on the very first point, its clear that Niantic is taking extra safety precautions more seriously in light of a number of road accidents and various other incidents that people are getting themselves into while playing the game. The update is available now on Google Play. So what do you guys think of the new added features? Share your views with us in the comments below!