Hey Tweeps we’ve got some good news for you guys. Twitter have updated their official app for Android and iOS and in the process have added a useful little feature which allows a user to share tweets among colleagues and friends over email directly from Twitter’s main message stream. This is what Twitter engineer Stefan Filip had to say on a blog post,
“You can re-tweet any (Twitter messages) to your Twitter followers, but sometimes you want to share with another group, like your college roommates or your parents or a friend who isn’t yet on Twitter, that’s why we’re introducing the ability to email a Tweet directly from twitter.com.”
Other features of the update allows user’s to post comments, pictures, various links etc with special consideration given to Twitter applications for iPhone and Android to improve search results and highlight photos, videos and news shared at the service.
New Features of the update
- Tweets now appear right in the stream
- Tweets show photo, video, and article previews so you can engage easily
- Get a new perspective when you search.
- Photo streams show what’s happening
- Results also show media previews
- Manage your account with ease.
- Reset your password in a few simple steps
- Other improvements and fixes.