How to Install Leaked Android 4.3 Test Firmware on your Galaxy S4
Guys at SAMMOBILE have made available the test firmware for the Galaxy S4, according to them it is a pretty stable build and brings with it a bunch of improvements as well as Samsung KNOX and Samsung Wallet. You can check out our full review of the test firmware here. If you are interested in upgrading your S4 with some Android 4.3 love, then just follow the easy steps below:
- Download: I9505XXUEMI8_I9505OXAEMI8_I9505XXUEMI8_OXA.zip
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
- Extract Odin .ZIP file
- Open Odin3 v3.09
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add AP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
- Add BL_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar to BL
- Add CP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CP
- Add CSC_OXA_I9505OXAEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc) – (Then do step 15 and 16)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!
This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty. This test firmware is a pre-release firmware and not official from Samsung. We have fully tested this firmware and this firmware works perfectly as any other official firmware. Please also note that Talk Android Phones will not be responsible if anything were to happen to your device. So please if you are new to this then we do not recommend you to use this firmware.