Microsoft officially launch Remote Desktop sharing app with the release of Windows 8.1
Microsoft have today released the Windows 8.1 update almost a year after unveiling their most powerful OS to date, Windows 8. The update has brought with it a host of new features and some few tweaks to the previous version. With that said, Microsoft have also released their Remote Desktop App for Android which allows users to control their Windows PC using their smartphone or tablet.
The Microsoft Remote Desktop app lets you connect to a remote PC and your work resources from almost anywhere. The app also allows users to use their Android devices for multi-touch gestures to navigate their desktops, input text and also stream HD videos seamlessly between both the devices without any hassle.
- Access to remote resources through your Remote Desktop Gateway
- Rich multi-touch experience with remote desktop protocol (RDP) and RemoteFX supporting Windows gestures
- Secure connection to your data and applications with breakthrough Network Layer Authentication (NLA) technology
- Simple management of all remote connections from the connection center
- High quality video and sound streaming with improved compression and bandwidth usage
For those of you who are using Windows 8 and have already updated their systems to Windows 8.1 should try out this handy little app right away. The Microsoft Remote Desktop app is now available for free from the Google Play Store .