KitKat 4.4.2 for Sprint Galaxy Note 3 starts rolling out today. Have you updated yours?
Hey guys we’ve got some good news for our followers in the US (especially those who own the Samsung Galaxy Note 3). As of today, Sprint users are being treated to the latest version of Android 4.4.2, KitKat which started rolling out in the morning. Even though the update brings it with the regular changes and enhancements that were expected from the (highly anticipated) update, there are a few more additions exclusively to the US carriers. These include the following;
- Phone Dialer: The new phone app automatically prioritizes your contacts based on the people you talk to the most. You can also search for nearby places and businesses, your contacts, or people in your Google Apps domain.
- Camera Enhanced: the “touch to focus” option with a new circular, on screen control that can be dragged by your finger around the viewfinder to adjust a photo’s focus and exposure.
- Hangouts: With the new Hangouts app, all of your SMS and MMS messages are together in the same app, alongside your other conversations and video calls.
- Just say
- “Ok Google”: You don’t need to touch the screen to get things done. When on your home screen* or in Google Now, just say “Ok Google” to launch voice search, send a text, get directions or even play a song
- Emoji everywhere: Sometimes words can’t express how you feel. For that, there’s Emoji, the colorful Japanese characters, now available on Google Keyboard.
The OTA update should start arriving as we speak and for those who didnt get it automatically, can easily go in their phone’s settings menu and manually grab hold of the new update bearing the firmware version N900R4TYUCNAB. Let us know whether you have received the update as yet and if you have then do feel free to share in your new KitKat experience with us. Cheers !