Android 5.1 Lollipop confirmed – Leaked Change log included
It is confirmed folks!! The next Android release is Android 5.1 and will still be called Lollipop. Google confirmed this on the Android One Page. Though there is no official word about what to expect from the update but here’s a leaked change log ot help you get an idea.
Android 5.1 Lollipop New Features Change-log:
- Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0 release.
- General improvements in system stability.
- Improved RAM management.
- Fixes for sudden app closures.
- Improved battery management.
- Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed.
- Issues with wireless connections fixed.
- Problems with Okay Google function solved.
- Notifications problems solved.
- Some sound problems experience [sic] by certain devices fixed.
- Other improvements and changes.
The illusive Android 5.1 has been spotted a number of times on Android One devices in the Philippines and India. A Nexus 5 has also been spotted running the new Android update on Geekbench benchmarking website. New build numbers have also popped up for Nexus devices hinting that the the official update is not far away.
Nexus Device Android 5.1 Builds
Android 5.1; Nexus 5 Build/LMY29C
Android 5.1; Nexus 6 Build/LMY29C
Android 5.1; Nexus 6 Build/LMY29D
Android 5.1; Nexus 9 Build/LMY22E
Android 5.1; Nexus 6 Build/LMY22E
While March is the month where everybody is hinting at for Google to make it official. As usual they will start with the factory images then the OTA updates to all Nexus devices will follow. Really excited for the month of March, first MWC then Android 5.1, so many goodies on their way!!